Monday, February 19, 2007

my mom :)

Not my favorite picture of her, but I can't find any scans and I'm too lazy to scan one in... :) This is me as a baby, freshly born in a hospital! :) The story of my birth is pretty typical--my mom's water broke, and my dad insisted she couldn't possibly be right and made her call HIS mom to confirm that her water had, in fact, broke. They drove to the hospital and had me with NO DRUGS. My mom didn't have any sort of drugs for any of us that I'm aware of. (Sidebar: my youngest sister was breech and they "let" my mom birth her vaginally, which I think is awesome, considering.)

Just for kicks, the new parents with ME, their first born! (You can really see "me" in this pic.)

3 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I LOVE that first photo of you- such an expression! So cool that your mom had you without drugs, too. Thank you for playing along!

Steph

Anonymous said...

That first photo is gorgeous!

Anne/kq said...

I like the first picture a lot, too. :)

My mom also had all four of us without drugs (she was promised drugs with me and my brother, her third and fourth, but didn't make it to the hospital until it was too late.) And she also vaginally birthed my footling breech oldest sister. Tough women, huh!